martes, 17 de marzo de 2009

Solitude

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers." ~Henry David Thoreau, "Solitude," Walden, 1854

"Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up." ~Pearl Buck

"When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death -ourselves." ~Eda LeShan

"I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls." ~Henry David Thoreau

"The happiest of all lives is a busy solitude." ~Voltaire

"True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment." ~William Penn

"Loneliness can be conquered only by those who can bear solitude." ~Paul Tillich

"Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul." ~Marcus Aurelius

"For those uneasy with the world, solitude is the only guarantee of confidence." ~The Quote Garden

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." ~Henry David Thoreau

"Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone." ~Paul Johannes Tillich, The Eternal Now

6 comentarios:

  1. Predomina Henry David Thoreau...Brillante.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cabrit0 hay dos hombres con quienes me lamento de no haber compartido tiempo y espacio: Jefferson y Thoreau, jajajaja. I would have asked both of them out :P. Love them both. I can't get enough of their amazing minds.

    Saludos señor/

    PD. cada vez que leo este strike the root, me digo, "se lo voy a recomendar a Cabrit0 -bueno tal vez ya lo conozcas, pero por si las moscas, jajajjaja, aquí está http://www.strike-the-root.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Me encanta la de Buck... solitude is one of my favorite places.

    Saludos, Sonia!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Víctor ¿no basta conuna? jajajajaja.

    Themys, a mi también me gustó mcuho. Abrazos.

    ResponderEliminar